Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Temp Job try number Two

Sometimes in life we need a do-over. The position with water was, um, how to say? Not successful for me or the organization. I did something so unlike me it was an out-of-body experience- I left the job during a shift. I've gone home because I was deathly ill. I've gone home because there was a real family emergency. I've even been sent home because I wasn't needed that day. But I have never, in my whole life, left because I felt a position was totally wrong for me and a movement. I spent most of Sunday in bed thinking, praying and crying. What went wrong is almost too hard to explain. Let me just say canvassing is not for me.

But things seem to be working out for the better now. I called a costume shop that I also interview with and they still have a position for me. So I went in and got trained. I am now the wig Matron of the costume shop. I also get to answer the phone, and in a real pinch help out at the register. Wow. From what I applied for to now that's like three promotions in three days of working.

At the wig counter I get to laugh with the public as they try on new identities for Halloween and dress up. As you might notice from my profile picture dress up time is my favorite time anytime. So this position fits my personality and my needs- it pays (not great but some is better than nothing), it's now until October 31st, and it's close (just across the street). So the lesson children is to listen to your heart when it's shouting NO! and find something that fits.

By the way I heard from the folks at Church wide- they seem to think I'll be leaving in early November. Which is much later than I originally thought but still leaves time to volunteer during the election season. GO VOTE!

No comments: