Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun times in Limbo land

It would be silly to pretend like I don't live some charmed life that would turn a leprechaun green with envy. Two weeks ago I went camping with my three siblings and my niece in Golden Gate State Park. Then last weekend I went jet skiing with old friends down at Chatfield and read poetry in a research canyon outside Boulder. This weekend Bevin and I went down to Colorado Springs to go horse back riding in Garden of the Gods. It was beautiful and oh so much fun.

I have also had the chance to visit and be visited by friends and family almost every day. Last Friday I held my sweet, well mannered first cousin who just turned five weeks. Still, when the visa comes through I am totally ready to go. Here's to filling up my time with wonderful moments! I did apply for temp work, and I have been writing some preliminary lesson plans. I know there are so few times in life when one would be permitted to live such a carefree existence. I am grateful for the time I have just futzing around and the many amazing friends and family.

No comments: