Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visa-limbo is a dance you can do too.

Well another week has passed, and while I did have a good week I am reminded of the book "Oh, the places you'll go" which has this section in it about the waiting place. I am there! I am waiting to see about getting materials for my classes, waiting about my visa, waiting for my new computer to come, waiting to hear what kind of language help I should get, waiting to pack everything, waiting to say goodbye to my Bevin and mom. It is not bad, this waiting place. But I find that certain routine chores suddenly have epic value. (They keep my mind busy.) Yesterday I cleaned the house- for seven hours. I wiped the walls and ceiling of the bathroom. I moved all the furniture so I could clean under it. I dusted the ceiling fans and under the refrigerator. My thought was, this is better than sitting around. Today my tired body seems to say, by all means sit around, or read a book or something. But I trust God has a timeline, and the Indonesian government will come through soon. The nice folks at church-wide seem to think early September is most likely. So this weekend, I'm going camping with my siblings and niece(and interestingly no spouses-the husbands said they couldn't handle this amount of fun=0). We are going up to Golden Gate Park, which is one of my favorite places to see hummingbirds. So at least I have that to occupy my mind. Now, then, about the baseboards...

No comments: