Monday, August 4, 2008

Going away party!!

With a still undetermined departure date we went ahead with the party Saturday. Thank you first to Bevin and Jesse for putting together a beautiful and relaxed open house! I am astonished at the attention to detail, creativity and love you ladies put into the party. I cannot possible begin to put into words my gratitude to you both for the opportunity to say goodbye. What a blessing it was to hug many of the people I love. To see my photo album see my photos copy and paste the address into a new tab or window. http://picasaweb.google.com/laurastephenson4/NewAlbum9108609PM?pli=1&gsessionid=Yvq444CdvguZJv0a1n1JBw

To be honest I cannot take credit for getting to this crossroad in my life. I am saying goodbye to my home of 28.5 years, Colorado, and hello to what feels right now as the unknown. I know each person I at the party (and many who couldn't make it!) have helped me discern a path that serves the environment, humanity, my own highest good, and God. Thank you for your loving support. You all have proven a million times over the power of the human heart to love.

It is with a mixture of sadness and joy I prepare to say hello to Indonesia. Last month I have learned about the ELCA's mission understanding- God's work, our hands. This new understanding of mission is based on compassion and joy. It feels to me like the right way to go because I have witnessed it in my own life with the people I love.

No comments: